Identity Theft Restoration is a living benefit included in your Final Documents Service Plan.
In the event that your passport, driver’s license, or other important identity documents are stolen, or if you suspect a fraudulent use of your identity for credit, Identity Theft Restoration (ITR) will provide you full restoration services. This additional service is effective when your Final Documents Service plan certificate has been issued to you.
If you are a victim of Identity Theft, you will receive the following benefits:
- Initiated by calling our Customer Service toll-free number 1-888-977-3752 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EST to report your incident
- How to identify and organize the details pertaining to your theft event from a Certified Fraud Restoration Specialist assigned and dedicated to your case
- Fraud Centre contact numbers: TransUnion, Equifax and other key resources
- How to gather data and complete a police or other report
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities under Canadian law
- Reviewing the process required to restore your identity
- Consumer credit disclosure and limited Power of Attorney
- Guide book outlining general tips on what to do NOW that you are a fraud victim
- Steps needed to proactively reduce exposure to identity theft
- Investigate all fraud events and issues fraud alerts
- Review credit history with you to verify if fraud includes items such as prior employment, public records, Social Insurance number, etc.
- Services continue until you confirm problem is solved
- ITR provides final report of investigation upon completion
It’s easy to arrange a no obligation consultation…just complete & submit the Application Form.
When one of our Funeral Planner Specialists meets with you, you’ll also receive a complimentary Wishes & Memories booklet as our gift to you.